1 Night in Paris
1 Night in Paris is a 2004 pornographic video directed by Rick Salomon. Promoted by Kevin Blatt, it depicts Paris Hilton having sexual intercourse in 2001 with Salomon. Not originally intended for release, it was filmed primarily with a single, stationary, tripod-mounted camera using "night vision". However, a handful of scenes were filmed indoors without night vision.
|1 Night in Paris|
|Directed by||Rick Salomon|
|Produced by||Rick Salomon|
|Distributed by||Red Light District Video|
The video was released by Salomon shortly after Hilton's TV series The Simple Life debuted, causing a media sensation. When Hilton stated publicly that she had been "out of it", didn't know what she was doing during the taping of the video and did not approve its public release, Salomon sued Hilton for defamation. Hilton then countersued Salomon over the release of the tape, settling out of court in July 2005. According to reports, Hilton was awarded as much as $400,000 and planned to donate a percentage to charity.
In a 2006 interview with the British edition of GQ magazine, Hilton stated: "I never received a dime from the video. It's just dirty money and (Salomon) should give it all to some charity for the sexually abused or something. To be honest, I don't even think about it any more."
The video received the AVN Awards in 2005 for "Best Selling Title of the Year", "Best Renting Title of the Year" and "Best Overall Marketing Campaign – Individual Project". The DVD titled 1 Night in Paris is distributed by Red Light District, a production company that produces and distributes pornographic videos. The rights to the video has since been purchased by Vivid Entertainment.
The official release of the video opened with a dedication that states: "In memory of 9/11/01... We will never forget."
- David Kushner (November 13, 2009). "Say Hello to Kevin Blatt, Hollywood's Sex-Tape Broker". New York Magazine.
- "Paris Hilton on sex tape: 'I'll never be able to erase it'". cnn.com. Retrieved February 20, 2015.
- Serpe, Gina (January 30, 2007). "Paris Sues to Cover Exposure". E! Online. Archived from the original on February 2, 2007. Retrieved February 1, 2007.
- Morgan, Piers (September 1, 2006). "When Piers met Paris". GQ. Archived from the original on August 6, 2010. Retrieved August 23, 2010.
- Entertainment, Vivid (April 1, 2010). "Night In Paris Hilton". Vivid. Archived from the original on January 29, 2011. Retrieved August 23, 2010.
- "2005 AVN Awards Show Winners Announced". AVN. January 8, 2005. Retrieved May 24, 2015.
- Peter Warren (June 7, 2008). "2008 F.A.M.E. Winners Announced at Erotica LA". AVN. Retrieved May 24, 2015.