1999 Hungarian Grand Prix
The 1999 Hungarian Grand Prix (formally the XV Marlboro Magyar Nagydíj) was a Formula One motor race held on 15 August 1999 at the Hungaroring near Budapest, Hungary. It was the eleventh race of the 1999 FIA Formula One World Championship.
|1999 Hungarian Grand Prix|
|Race 11 of 16 in the 1999 Formula One World Championship|
Hungaroring (modified this year)
|Date||15 August 1999|
|Official name||XV Marlboro Magyar Nagydíj|
|Course||Permanent racing facility|
|Course length||3.973 km (2.469 mi)|
|Distance||77 laps, 305.921 km (190.090 mi)|
|Weather||Partially cloudy, hot, dry, Air: 25 °C (77 °F), Track 37 °C (99 °F)|
|Time||1:20.699 on lap 69|
The 77-lap race was won from pole position by Mika Häkkinen, driving a McLaren-Mercedes. Häkkinen's teammate David Coulthard finished second, while Drivers' Championship rival Eddie Irvine finished third in his Ferrari. The top six was completed by Heinz-Harald Frentzen in the Jordan, Rubens Barrichello in the Stewart, and Damon Hill in the other Jordan.
The win, Häkkinen's fourth of the season, moved him to within two points of Irvine in the Drivers' Championship, while McLaren reduced Ferrari's lead in the Constructors' Championship to four points.
Championship standings after the raceEdit
- Note: Only the top five positions are included for both sets of standings.
- F1, STATS. "Hungary 1999 - Qualifications • STATS F1". www.statsf1.com. Retrieved 14 November 2018.
- "1999 Hungarian Grand Prix". formula1.com. Archived from the original on 9 January 2015. Retrieved 24 December 2015.
- "1999 Hungarian GP: Classification". ChicaneF1.com. Retrieved 3 August 2007.
- "Hungary 1999 - Championship • STATS F1". www.statsf1.com. Retrieved 18 March 2019.
- "1999 Hungarian GP: Overview". ChicaneF1.com. Retrieved 3 August 2007.
1999 German Grand Prix
|FIA Formula One World Championship
1999 Belgian Grand Prix
1998 Hungarian Grand Prix
|Hungarian Grand Prix||Next race:|
2000 Hungarian Grand Prix