1999 British Grand Prix
The 1999 British Grand Prix was a Formula One motor race held on 11 July 1999 at the Silverstone Circuit near Silverstone, England. It was the eighth race of the 1999 Formula One season. The 60-lap race was won by McLaren driver David Coulthard after he started from third position. Eddie Irvine finished second for the Ferrari team and Williams driver Ralf Schumacher came in third.
|1999 British Grand Prix|
|Race 8 of 16 in the 1999 Formula One World Championship|
Silverstone Circuit in its 1999 configuration
|Date||11 July 1999|
|Official name||LII RAC British Grand Prix|
|Location||Silverstone, Northamptonshire and Buckinghamshire, England|
|Course||Permanent racing facility|
|Course length||5.140 km (3.194 mi)|
|Distance||60 laps, 308.400 km (191.640 mi)|
|Weather||Sunny, mild, dry|
|Time||1:28.309 on lap 28|
While the red flags were out, Michael Schumacher crashed at Stowe corner due to brake failure, breaking his leg. This would keep him out of Formula One until the Malaysian Grand Prix, ending his championship hopes.
Following a difficult season Damon Hill performed well to finish 5th in his home race and seemed happy enough to carry on for the rest of the season. He had also briefly led the race for a lap, which was the last time he would lead a Grand Prix.
This was Toranosuke Takagi's final classified Formula One race finish. He failed to finish each of his subsequent eight races.
Championship standings after the raceEdit
- Note: Only the top five positions are included for both sets of standings.
- "1999 British Grand Prix". The Official Formula 1 Website. Archived from the original on 9 January 2015. Retrieved 24 December 2015.
- "1999 British Grand Prix". chicanef1.com. Retrieved 1 May 2014.
- "Hill, Damon". F1 Complete. Archived from the original on 19 January 2008. Retrieved 10 January 2016.
- "1999 British GP Qualifying". chicanef1.com. Retrieved 1 May 2014.
- "1999 British GP Results". chicanef1.com. Retrieved 1 May 2014.
- "Britain 1999 - Championship • STATS F1". www.statsf1.com. Retrieved 14 March 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1999 British Grand Prix.|
1999 French Grand Prix
|FIA Formula One World Championship
1999 Austrian Grand Prix
1998 British Grand Prix
|British Grand Prix||Next race:|
2000 British Grand Prix