1998 NCAA Division I Men's Lacrosse Championship
The 1998 NCAA Division I Men's Lacrosse Tournament was the 28th annual Division I NCAA Men's Lacrosse Championship tournament. Twelve NCAA Division I college men's lacrosse teams met after having played their way through a regular season, and for some, a conference tournament.
|1998 NCAA Division I Men's|
|Finals site||Rutgers Stadium|
|Champions||Princeton (5th title)|
The championship game was played at Rutgers Stadium in front of 21,194 fans, The game saw the Princeton University defeat University of Maryland by the score of 15–5. This is Princeton's third consecutive national championship under Head Coach Bill Tierney, and their fifth title since 1992.
- * = Overtime
- Corey Popham, Princeton (Named the tournament's Most Outstanding Player)
- Christian Cook, Princeton
- Jesse Hubbard, Princeton
- Jon Hess, Princeton
- Josh Sims, Princeton
- Scott Hochstadt, Maryland
- Mike Bonnani, Maryland
- Brian Haggerty, Maryland
- Casey Powell, Syracuse
- Ryan Powell, Syracuse
- Luke Parrott
- Brian Woody
- "NCAA Lacrosse Division I Results / Records" (pdf). NCAA. p. 3 (51). Retrieved 24 April 2014.
- "Attendance Figures for the NCAA Men's Championships". LaxPower.com. Archived from the original on 10 June 2008. Retrieved 2008-06-25.