1997 UCI Road World Championships
The 1997 UCI Road World Championships took place in San Sebastián, Spain, between October 7 and October 12, 1997. The event consisted of a road race and a time trial for men, women, men under 23, junior men and junior women.
|Venue||San Sebastián, Spain|
|Date(s)||7–12 October 1997|
In 2002 UCI sued Festina soigneur Willy Voet for defamation over claims in his book Breaking the Chain that the UCI and Hein Verbruggen had allegedly been involved in some sort of coverup of use of Lidocaine and Laurent Brochard.  In 2004 the UCI won the defamation case, and in 2006 won the appeal.
- The Secret Race: Inside the Hidden World of the Tour de France. By Daniel Coyle, Tyler Hamilton, Random House Digital, Inc., Sep 5, 2012, page 94, footnote
- News for March 10, 2002, cyclingnews.com, Edited by Jeff Jones, section "UCI wants damages from Voet". retr 2012 10 22
- UCI wins legal battle against Voet Anthony Tan, cyclingnews.com, May 20, 2006, Updated: April 20, 2009, retr 2012 10 22
- 1997 Road Cycling World Championships the-sports.org
- 7-12 October 1997 World Road Championships Spain cyclingnews.com