1995 in archaeology
The year 1995 in archaeology involved some significant events.
|Table of years in archaeology|
|Related time period or subjects|
|Art Archaeology Architecture Literature Music Science more |
In Template:Year nav topic: extra parameters: science
- April - Submarine CSS H. L. Hunley (sunk in action 1864) is located in Charleston Harbor, South Carolina, by Clive Cussler and the National Underwater and Marine Agency after a 14-year search.
- July - French barque La Belle (sunk 1686) is located in Matagorda Bay, Texas.
- November - Submarine Resurgam (sunk 1880) is located off Rhyl, North Wales, by diver Keith Hurley.
- British transport ship SS Empire Heritage (torpedoed in 1944) is located off Tory Island, County Donegal.
- Tim Cornell – The Beginnings of Rome: Italy and Rome from the Bronze Age to the Punic Wars.