Events in the year 1995 in the Republic of India.
|See also:||List of years in India|
Timeline of Indian history
- President of India – Shankar Dayal Sharma
- Prime Minister of India – P. V. Narasimha Rao
- Chief Justice of India – Aziz Mushabber Ahmadi
- Andhra Pradesh – Krishan Kant
- Arunachal Pradesh – Mata Prasad
- Assam – Loknath Mishra
- Bihar – Akhlaqur Rahman Kidwai
- Goa – Gopala Ramanujam (until 15 June), Romesh Bhandari (starting 16 June)
- Gujarat – Sarup Singh (until 1 July), Naresh Chandra (starting 1 July)
- Haryana – Dhanik Lal Mandal (starting 13 June), Mahabir Prasad (starting 14 June)
- Himachal Pradesh –** until 17 September: Sudhakarrao Naik
- Jammu and Kashmir – K. V. Krishna Rao
- Karnataka – Khurshed Alam Khan
- Kerala – B. Rachaiah (until 9 November), P. Shiv Shankar (starting 9 November)
- Madhya Pradesh – Mohammad Shafi Qureshi
- Maharashtra – P.C. Alexander
- Manipur – O. N. Shrivastava
- Meghalaya – Madhukar Dighe (until 18 June), M. M. Jacob (starting 18 June)
- Mizoram – P. R. Kyndiah
- Nagaland – O. N. Shrivastava
- Odisha – B. Satya Narayan Reddy (until 17 June), Gopala Ramanujam (starting 17 June)
- Punjab – Bakshi Krishan Nath Chhibber
- Rajasthan – Bali Ram Bhagat
- Sikkim – P. Shiv Shankar (until 11 November), K. V. Raghunatha Reddy (starting 11 November)
- Tamil Nadu – Marri Chenna Reddy
- Tripura – Romesh Bhandari (until 15 June), Siddheswar Prasad (starting 15 June)
- Uttar Pradesh – Motilal Vora
- West Bengal – K. V. Raghunatha Reddy
- National income - ₹12,055,827 million
- 1 January - India joins the World Trade Organization (WTO) which has replaced GATT.
- 5 March – Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Limited founded.
- 27 April - Gangster Auto Shankar hanged to death in Central Prison, Salem, Tamil Nadu.
- 14 August – Internet is officially launched by VSNL.
- 31 August – Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh is assassinated.
- 21 September – Reports of the Hindu milk miracle surface.
- 20 October – Hindi movie Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge released the longest running Hindi movie.
- City of Bombay renamed as Mumbai
- Hindi song Q-Funk became the one of the biggest hit remix songs.
- 17 December - Purulia arms drop case
- 23 December – Nearly 425 people die when a blaze rips through a school prize-giving ceremony in the northern town of Dabwali in Haryana state, near the Indian capital.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (March 2022)
- Mandeep Singh, field hockey player
- 5 March – Tanvi Ganesh Lonkar, actress
- 10 March – Bipin Singh, footballer
- 19 March – Biswajit Biswas, footballer
- 26 March – Anshuman Joshi, actor
- 29 April – K. Maneesha, badminton player
- 5 May – Alen Deory, footballer
- 6 June – Sadi Jalali, soccer player
- 8 June – Jacob Lalrawngbawla, footballer
- 9 June – PU Chitra, track and field athlete
- 5 July – Pusarla Venkata Sindhu, badminton player
- 7 July – Anamika Choudhari, singer
- Armaan Malik, singer
- Sara Ali Khan, actress
- 28 August – Viraat Badhwar, Australian amateur golfer
- 7 September – Sahaj Grover, chess player
- 9 September – Rahul Kumar, actor
- 15 October – Niveda Thomas, actress
- Tara Sutaria, actress, dancer, singer and TV host
- 22 December – Shivam Sai Gupta, visual effect producer and game developer
- 28 December – J. Meghana, badminton player
- "Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd.: About Us". Archived from the original on 25 January 2007. Retrieved 30 January 2007.
- "VSNL starts India's first Internet service today".
- Moin, Ather (3 November 2018). "Haj trip by sea will not be possible". Deccan Chronicle. Retrieved 2 May 2022.
- "History – Haj Committee of India". 4 February 2022. Archived from the original on 4 February 2022. Retrieved 2 May 2022.