The 1993 NCAA men's volleyball tournament was the 24th annual tournament to determine the national champion of NCAA men's collegiate volleyball. The tournament was played at Pauley Pavilion in Los Angeles, California during May 1993.
|Champions||UCLA (14th title)|
|Runners-up||Cal State Northridge (1st title match)|
|Attendance||11,018 (2,755 per match)|
|Best player||Mike Sealy (UCLA)|
Jeff Nygaard (UCLA)
UCLA defeated Cal State Northridge in the final match, 3–0 (15–8, 15–11, 15–10), to win their fourteenth national title. The Bruins (24–3) were coached by Al Scates.
UCLA's Mike Sealy and Jeff Nygaard were named the tournament's Most Outstanding Players. Sealy and Nygaard, along with five other players, comprised the All-Tournament Team.
Until the creation of the NCAA Men's Division III Volleyball Championship in 2012, there was only a single national championship for men's volleyball. As such, all NCAA men's volleyball programs, whether from Division I, Division II, or Division III, were eligible. A total of 4 teams were invited to contest this championship.
|Cal State Northridge||1st||Never|
|Cal State Northridge (3)||15||15||15|
|Penn State (0)||2||5||11|
|Cal State Northridge (0)||8||11||15|
|Ohio State (0)||4||4||2||Third place|
|Penn State (3)||7||8||15||16||15|
|Ohio State (2)||15||15||10||14||10|
All tournament teamEdit
- Mike Sealy, UCLA (Most outstanding player)
- Jeff Nygaard, UCLA (Most outstanding player)
- Kevin Wong, UCLA
- Dan Landry, UCLA
- Axel Hager, Cal State Northridge
- Ken Lynch, Cal State Northridge
- Coley Kyman, Cal State Northridge
- NCAA Men's National Collegiate Volleyball Championship
- NCAA Women's Volleyball Championships (Division I, Division II, Division III)
- ^ "Men's Volleyball National Championship Results" (PDF). NCAA. NCAA.org. Retrieved June 7, 2015.