1986 French Open
The 1986 French Open was a tennis tournament that took place on the outdoor clay courts at the Stade Roland Garros in Paris, France. The tournament was held from 26 May until 8 June. It was the 90th staging of the French Open, and the first Grand Slam tennis event of 1986.
|1986 French Open|
|Date||26 May – 8 June|
|Category||Grand Slam (ITF)|
|Surface||Clay / outdoor|
|Location||Paris (XVIe), France|
|Venue||Stade Roland Garros|
|John Fitzgerald / Tomáš Šmíd |
|Martina Navratilova / Andrea Temesvári |
|Kathy Jordan / Ken Flach |
- It was Lendl's 6th title of the year, and his 59th overall. It was his 3rd career Grand Slam title, and his 2nd French Open title.
- It was Evert's 18th (and last) career Grand Slam title, and her 7th French Open singles title (a record).
Total prize money for the event was FF21,528,000.
- "French Open 1986 – Overview". ITFTennis.com.
- Alan Trengove (1986-06-10). "Biased Crowd Goads Lendl To Convincing Win". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 2010-12-18.
- "Evert Lloyd Wins record 7th French Title". Tri-City Herald. Paris, France. 1986-06-08.
- "WTA Tournament Archive – 1986 Roland Garros" (PDF). WTA.
- "ATP – 1986 Roland Garros Men's Doubles Draw". ATP.
- Collins, Bud (2010). The Bud Collins History of Tennis (2nd ed.). [New York]: New Chapter Press. pp. 390, 397, 400, 402–3. ISBN 978-0942257700.
- Gilles Delamarre (1991). Roland Garros : Le Livre du Tournoi du Centenaire. Paris: Fédération Française de Tennis. pp. 240–245. ISBN 2906450510.
- John Barrett, ed. (1988). World of Tennis 1987. London: Willow Books. p. 61. ISBN 978-0002182522.