1983 French Open
The 1983 French Open was a tennis tournament that took place on the outdoor clay courts at the Stade Roland Garros in Paris, France. The tournament ran from 23 May until 5 June. It was the 87th staging of the French Open, and the first Grand Slam tennis event of 1983.
|1983 French Open|
|Date||23 May – 5 June|
|Category||Grand Slam (ITF)|
|Draw||128S / 64D / 48X|
|Surface||Clay / Outdoor|
|Location||Paris (XVIe), France|
|Venue||Stade Roland Garros|
|Anders Järryd / Hans Simonsson|
|Rosalyn Fairbank Nideffer / Candy Reynolds|
|Barbara Jordan / Eliot Teltscher|
- It was Noah's 3rd title of the year, and his 14th overall. It was his 1st (and only) career Grand Slam title.
- It was Evert's 15th career Grand Slam title, and her 5th French Open title.
Total prize money for the event was FF9,782,133.
- "ATP – 1983 Roland Garros Men's Singles Draw". ATP.
- "WTA Tournament Archive – 1983 Roland Garros" (PDF). WTA.
- "ATP – 1983 Roland Garros Men's Doubles Draw". ATP.
- Collins, Bud (2010). The Bud Collins History of Tennis (2nd ed.). [New York]: New Chapter Press. pp. 390, 397, 400, 402–3. ISBN 978-0942257700.
- Gilles Delamarre (1991). Roland Garros : Le Livre du Tournoi du Centenaire. Paris: Fédération Française de Tennis. pp. 240–245. ISBN 2906450510.
- John Barrett, ed. (1985). World of Tennis 1984. London: Willow Books. p. 81. ISBN 978-0002181228.