1982 in art
The year 1982 in art involved some significant events and new works.
- Andy Warhol "falls in love" with Duran Duran at a Blondie concert.
- Cartoonist Gerald Scarfe's animations play a major part in the success of the film version of Pink Floyd's The Wall.
- Photographer Jacqueline Livingston opens Jacqueline Livingston "A One Artist Gallery" in New York's Soho showing a different body of her work monthly for one year. Livingston and her gallery are placed under FBI surveillance because of accusations of child pornography.<Reference corrected by the artist.>
- December 28 – Snow v Eaton Centre Ltd decided: the Ontario High Court of Justice affirms the artist's right to integrity of his work.
- Michael Andrews – Sax AD 832
- Avigdor Arikha – Marie-Catherine
- Wolf Kahn – My Barn on a Summer Night, Hirshhorn Museum
- Henry Moore – The Artist's Hands I (charcoal, wax crayon and ballpoint pen)
- Euan Uglow – Zagi
- Joseph Beuys 7000 Oaks – City Forestation Instead of City Administration at Documenta 7, Kassel
- Daniel Buren - "Les Guirlandes" (The Garlands at Documenta 7, Kassel
- John Seward Johnson II – Double Check (sculpture in New York City)
- Joan Miró and Joan Gardy Artigas – Dona i Ocell (tiled sculpture in Barcelona)
- Jean Tinguely and Niki de Saint-Phalle – Fontaine des automates, Paris
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)
- January 17 – Juan O'Gorman, Mexican painter and architect (b.1905)
- January 27 – Félix Labisse, French painter and designer (b.1905)
- February 6 – Ben Nicholson, English abstract painter (b.1894)
- June 10 – Gala Dalí, Russian artist's model (b.1894)
- June 29 – Pierre Balmain, French fashion designer (b.1914)
- August 3 – David Carritt, English art historian, dealer and critic (b.1927)
- September 11 – Wifredo Lam, Cuban artist (b.1902)
- September 17 – Ettore DeGrazia, American impressionist, painter, sculptor and lithographer (b.1909)
- October 9 – Charles E. Brown, English aviation photographer (b.1896)
- October 10 – Jean Effel, French painter, caricaturist, illustrator and journalist (b.1908)
- November 3 – Alejandro Bustillo, Argentine painter and architect (b. 1889)
- November 27 – Radomir Stević Ras, Serbian painter and designer (b. 1931)