1982–83 United States network television schedule (daytime)
The 1982–83 daytime network television schedule for the three major English-language commercial broadcast networks in the United States covers the weekday and weekend daytime hours from September 1982 to August 1983.
- Light yellow indicates talk shows.
- Green indicates soap operas.
- Pink indicates game shows.
- Gold indicates news and public affairs programming.
- Light teal indicates sporting events.
- White indicates local programming.
- Light purple indicates children's programming.
- Gray indicates encore programming (e.g., reruns of prime-time programming).
- New series are highlighted in bold.
- All times correspond to U.S. Eastern and Pacific Time scheduling (except for some live sports or events). Except where affiliates slot certain programs outside their network-dictated timeslots, subtract one hour for Central, Mountain, Alaska, and Hawaii-Aleutian times.
- Local schedules may differ, as affiliates have the option to pre-empt or delay network programs. Such scheduling may be limited to preemptions caused by local or national breaking news or weather coverage (which may force stations to tape delay certain programs to other timeslots) and any major sports events scheduled to air in a weekday timeslot (mainly during major holidays). Stations may air shows at other times at their preference.
- Sunrise Semester and Captain Kangaroo both left the weekday schedule on CBS on October 1, 1982. Captain Kangaroo moved to Saturday mornings and reverted to a one-hour format.
- Texas and The Doctors both ended their runs on NBC on December 31, 1982.
In the News aired ten times during CBS' Saturday morning shows.
Ask NBC News aired after the credits of five NBC Saturday morning shows.
|Network||7:00 am||7:30 am||8:00 am||8:30 am||9:00 am||9:30 am||10:00 am||10:30 am||11:00 am||11:30 am||noon||12:30 pm||1:00 pm||1:30 pm||2:00 pm||2:30 pm||3:00 pm||3:30 pm||4:00 pm||4:30 pm||5:00 pm||5:30 pm||6:00 pm||6:30 pm|
|This Week with David Brinkley||ABC Sports and/or local programming||Local news||ABC World News Sunday|
|CBS News Sunday Morning||Local and/or
|Face the Nation||Local and/or
|The NFL Today||NFL on CBS and/or local programming|
|Mid-winter||CBS Sports and/or local programming||Local news||CBS Evening News|
|Meet the Press||NFL '82||NFL on NBC and local programming|
|Mid-winter||NBC Sports and/or local programming||Local news||NBC Nightly News|