1979 IAAF World Cross Country Championships – Junior men's race
The Junior men's race at the 1979 IAAF World Cross Country Championships was held in Limerick, Ireland, at the Greenpark Racecourse on March 25, 1979. A report on the event was given in the Glasgow Herald.
|Junior men's race at the 1979 IAAF World Cross Country Championships|
|Host city||Limerick, Munster, Ireland|
|Distances||7.36 km – Junior men|
|Participation||92 athletes from |
Junior men's race (7.36 km)Edit
- Note: Athletes in parentheses did not score for the team result
An unofficial count yields the participation of 92 athletes from 16 countries in the Junior men's race. This is in agreement with the official numbers as published.
- Marshall, Ron (March 19, 1973), Majestic triumph for Ireland's 'King John' - John Treacy, the 21-year-old holder of the world cross-country title, set alight the hearts of 25,000 impassioned Irish spectators yesterday afternoon here at Limerick Racecourse where he retained the championship in majestic fashion, covering the 12,000 metres in 37 min, 20sec..., Glasgow Herald, p. 18, retrieved October 18, 2013
- Magnusson, Tomas (September 8, 2007), IAAF World Cross Country Championships - 7.4km CC Men - Limerick Green Park Date: Sunday, March 25, 1979, Athchamps (archived), archived from the original on October 16, 2007, retrieved October 18, 2013CS1 maint: bot: original URL status unknown (link)
- IAAF WORLD CROSS COUNTRY CHAMPIONSHIPS, Athletics Weekly, retrieved October 9, 2013
- 36th IAAF WORLD CROSS COUNTRY CHAMPIONSHIPS - EDINBURGH 2008 - FACTS & FIGURES - GREAT BRITAIN & NORTHERN IRELAND AT THE INTERNATIONAL CROSS COUNTRY & WORLD CROSS COUNTRY CHAMPIONSHIPS (PDF), IAAF, p. 2ff, archived from the original (PDF) on September 27, 2013, retrieved October 9, 2013