This article needs additional citations for verification
. (June 2016)
The year 1978 in architecture involved some significant architectural events and new buildings.
Buildings and structuresEdit
- Gehry House by Frank Gehry in Santa Monica, California.
- Sunshine 60 in Tokyo, Japan is completed.
- Reunion Tower in Dallas, Texas is completed.
- United Nations City in Vienna, Austria is completed.
- Comodoro Rivadavia Cathedral in Argentina is dedicated.
- London Borough of Camden low-rise high-density social housing schemes completed on Alexandra Road Estate (designed by Neave Brown in 1968) and Branch Hill (by Gordon Benson and Alan Forsyth).
- Commercial Street Housing in Perth, Scotland, designed by James Parr & Partners.
- Angoori Bagh Housing in Pakistan, designed by Yasmeen Lari, completed.
- Sanctuary of Meritxell, Andorra, designed by Ricardo Bofill Taller de Arquitectura, completed.
- Sheep Field Barn (sculpture gallery for Henry Moore Foundation), Perry Green, Hertfordshire, England, designed by Hawkins\Brown.
Births - Brian James Walker was born in Leith, Edinburgh on the 17/02/1978Edit
- ^ London Suburbs. London: Merrell Holberton. 1999. ISBN 978-1-85894-077-9.
- ^ Murray, Peter; Trombley, Stephen (1990). Modern Britain. Phaidon Architecture Guide (2nd ed.). London: Phaidon. pp. 168–9. ISBN 0-7148-3133-6.|