Events from the year 1972 in Pakistan.
|See also:||Other events of 1972|
List of years in Pakistan
- Governor of Balochistan:
- Governor of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa: Hayat Sherpao (until 29 April); Arbab Sikandar Khan (starting 30 April)
- Governor of Punjab: Ghulam Mustafa Khar
- Governor of Sindh: Mumtaz Bhutto (until 20 April); Mir Rasool Bux Talpur (starting 29 April)
- 20 January -President (later Prime minister Zulfikar Ali Bhutto publicly announces that Pakistan will immediately begin a nuclear weapons programme.
- Pakistan temporarily withdraws from the Commonwealth of Nations in protest at the international recognition of Bangladesh as an independent Commonwealth republic (Pakistan returns to the Commonwealth in 1989).
- 2 July – India and Pakistan sign the Simla Accord in Simla, India, following the surrender of the Pakistan military to Indian forces in 1971 and the subsequent emergence of former East Pakistan as the independent country of Bangladesh.
- 7 July – Sindh Assembly passed the Sind Teaching, Promotion and Use of Sindhi Language Bill, 1972 which established Sindhi language as the sole official language of the province resulting in 1972 Language violence in Sindh.
- 14 August – Pakistan celebrates 25 years as an independent country.
- 1971 in Pakistan
- Other events of 1972
- 1973 in Pakistan
- List of Pakistani films of 1972
- Timeline of Pakistani history