1971 in Scottish television
This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2020)
This is a list of events in Scottish television from 1971.
|List of years in Scottish television (Table)|
|Related time period or subjects|
- 8 February – The Colour Strike ends after three months.
- 1 September – Border Television celebrates ten years on air.. It marks the anniversary by beginning colour transmissions, albeit initially only from the Caldbeck.
- 30 September – Grampian Television celebrates ten years on air and to mark the anniversary, it begins broadcasting in colour.
- Unknown – BBC Scotland presents a television adaptation of Lewis Grassic Gibbon's novel Sunset Song
- 29 July - Top Club on Grampian (1971–1998)
Ending this yearEdit
- 3 January - Dr. Finlay's Casebook (1962–1971)
- TV Ark: Border Television
- Cabell, Craig (2011). The Doctors Who's Who - The Story Behind Every Face of the Iconic Time Lord: Celebrating its 50th Year. Kings Road Publishing. p. 137. ISBN 978-1-84358-576-3.