1967 USAC Championship Car season
The 1967 USAC Championship Car season consisted of 21 races, beginning in Avondale, Arizona on April 9 and concluding in Riverside, California on November 26. This season saw three new road courses added to the schedule in addition to the Hoosier Grand Prix at IRP: Mosport in Canada; Circuit Mont-Tremblant also in Canada; and the season finale at Riverside International Raceway in southern California in the United States. The USAC National Champion and Indianapolis 500 winner was A. J. Foyt.
|1967 USAC Championship Car season|
|USAC National Championship Trail|
|Start date||April 9|
|End date||November 26|
|National champion||A. J. Foyt|
|Indianapolis 500 winner||A. J. Foyt|
Schedule and resultsEdit
- ^A No pole is awarded for the Pikes Peak Hill Climb, in this schedule on the pole is the driver who started first. No lap led was awarded for the Pikes Peak Hill Climb, however, a lap was awarded to the drivers that completed the climb.
- ^B Run in two heats of 98 miles (158 kilometers) each.
- ^C Run in two heats of 100 miles (161 kilometers) each.
Final points standingsEdit
Note: Ronnie Bucknum, George Follmer, Dan Gurney, Jimmy Clark, Lothar Motschenbacher, Jochen Rindt, Denis Hulme, Jackie Stewart, Graham Hill, John Surtees, Cale Yarborough, Lee Roy Yarbrough, Peter Revson and Jerry Titus not eligible for points.
- Åberg, Andreas. "USAC National Championship 1967". Driver Database. Archived from the original on 2010-12-31. Retrieved 2010-12-31.
- "1967 USAC National Championship Trail". ChampCarStats.com. Archived from the original on 2010-12-31. Retrieved 2010-12-31.
- http://media.indycar.com/pdf/2011/IICS_2011_Historical_Record_Book_INT6.pdf (p. 250-255)