1963 in art
The year 1963 in art involved some significant events and new works.
- January 8 – Leonardo da Vinci's Mona Lisa is exhibited in the United States for the first (and only) time, opening at the National Gallery of Art in Washington, D.C.
- September – The David Mirvish Gallery is opened in Toronto by David Mirvish.
- November 17 – Museo Bodoniano opens in Parma, Italy.
- First Pirelli Calendar (for 1964), photographed by Robert Freeman in Majorca, issued in the United Kingdom. His portrait of The Beatles is used on the cover of their album With the Beatles (released November 22).
- Josef Albers - "Manhattan" for the Pan Am Building in New York City (disassembled and removed in 2000 - recreated from Albers' design specifications in 2019 after the original was determined to be unsalvagable due to asbestos)
- Liberty Bell (Portland, Oregon)
- Georg Baselitz – Die große Nacht im Eimer (Museum Ludwig, Cologne)
- Romare Bearden – Prevalence of Ritual
- Maurice Boitel – Cadaques
- M. C. Escher – Möbius Strip II (Red Ants) (woodcut)
- David Hockney – Domestic Scene, Los Angeles
- Edward Hopper – Two Comedians
- Roy Lichtenstein
- René Magritte – The Difficult Crossing (2nd version)
- Lewis Morley – Christine Keeler (photograph)
- John Piper and Patrick Reyntiens – windows at St Andrew's Church, Plymouth
- Andy Warhol
- David Wynne
- January 20 – Mark Ryden, American painter
- April 4 – Martin Firrell, French-born British public artist
- April 20 – Rachel Whiteread, English sculptor
- May 16 – Jon Coffelt, American painter, sculptor and book artist
- May 31 – Wesley Willis, American artist and musician (d. 2003)
- June 24 – Mike Wieringo, American comic book artist (d. 2007)
- July 20 – Ciruelo Cabral, Argentine fantasy artist
- August 16 – Stevenson Magloire, painter of the School of Saint Soleil (d. 1994)
- date unknown
- February 3 - Piero Manzoni, Italian artist (b.1933)
- February 27 – Vladimir Konashevich, Russian graphic artist (b. 1888).
- March 1 – Felice Casorati, Italian painter (b. 1883)
- June 9 – Jacques Villon, French Cubist painter and printmaker (b. 1875)
- July 16 – Antonio Donghi, Italian painter (b. 1897)
- July 23 – Aleksandr Gerasimov, Soviet socialist realist painter (b. 1881)
- August 11 – Alois Arnegger, Austrian painter (b. 1879)
- August 16 – Joan Eardley, British painter (b. 1921)
- August 31 – Georges Braque, French painter and sculptor (b. 1882)
- September 11 – Suzanne Duchamp, French Dadaist painter and sister of Marcel Duchamp (b. 1889)
- September 19 – David Low, New Zealand-born editorial cartoonist (b. 1891)
- October 20 – Everett Warner, American impressionist painter and printmaker (b. 1877)
- "Roger Hilton - Walker Art Gallery, Liverpool museums". Liverpoolmuseums.org.uk. Retrieved 28 November 2018.