1962–63 Israel State Cup
|Defending champions||Maccabi Haifa|
The competition began on 24 March 1962, before the completion of the previous competition. However, once again, the competition took more than a year to complete, with the final being played on 27 May 1963. Hapoel Haifa and Maccabi Haifa met in the final, at Kiryat Eliezer Stadium, Hapoel winning by a single goal to claim their first cup.
Matches were held on 19 May 1962. The match between Maccabi Netanya and Hapoel Petah Tikva, the match between Shimshon Tel Aviv and Hapoel Tel Aviv, and the matches which had to be replayed, were postponed for 6 October 1962, in parallel with the fifth round matches.
Matches were held on 6 October 1962. The match between Beitar Tel Aviv and Maccabi Rehovot was held on 2 February 1963. The match between Hapoel Tel Aviv and Maccabi Jaffa was held on 9 February 1963. The match between Hapoel Petah Tikva and Hapoel Ramla and the match between Hapoel Dimona and Beitar Jerusalem were held on 12 February 1963. The replayed match between Beitar Jerusalem and Hapoel Dimona was held on 19 February 1963.
Matches were held on 2 March 1963. Hapoel Nahariya surprised by defeating Maccabi Tel Aviv 1–0 through a late goal. Maccabi Tel Aviv appealed the result, claiming Hapoel Nahariya fielded an ineligible player. Initially the match was given to Maccabi Tel Aviv, however, after further appeal, and based on the precedent set by Maccabi Haifa in the previous competition, the result was reinstated. Maccabi Tel Aviv appealed once more, but the appeal wasn't heard until September 1963, by which time the competition was over and the appeal was denied.
|2 March 1963||Maccabi Jaffa||1–2||Hapoel Petah Tikva||Bloomfield Stadium|
|Ghouhasian 1'||Nahari 51'
|2 March 1963||Beitar Ramla||1–5||Maccabi Haifa|
|Rolnik 64'||Shmulevich 7', 82'
Amar 49', 65', 84'
Referee: S. Mizrahi
|2 March 1963||Beitar Tel Aviv||1–2||Hapoel Ramat Gan||Maccabiah Stadium|
|Bustamente 85'||Heyman 30', 77'||Attendance: 4000|
|2 March 1963||Maccabi Sha'arayim||4–1||Hapoel Tiberias|
|Levi 28', 74', 83'
|Rogozinski 7'||Attendance: 3400|
|2 March 1963||Beitar Jerusalem||4–1||Hapoel Kfar Saba|
|A. Aminoff 6' (pen.)
Y. Aminoff 35', 87'
|Federman 12' (o.g.)||Attendance: 3500|
|2 March 1963||Hapoel Haifa||4–0||Bnei Yehuda||Kiryat Eliezer Stadium|
|Blum 51', 55'
|2 March 1963||Maccabi Petah Tikva||3–2||Hapoel Be'er Sheva|
|Mendel 39', 70'
|Hapoel Petah Tikva||5–3||Hapoel Nahariya|
|Kofman 12', 60'
Berkovich 64', 78'
|Maccabi Haifa||1–0||Maccabi Petah Tikva|
The matches were supposed to be held on 23 April 1963. However, they were postponed because of the death of President Itzhak Ben-Zvi. The matches were set to 7 May 1963 and 11 May 1963, however, the first match, between Hapoel Haifa and Maccabi Sha'arayim was cancelled due to the falling out of Hapoel and Maccabi factions at the IFA over bribery suspicions against Maccabi Petah Tikva during the 1962–63 Liga Leumit season. The two factions reconciled in time for the second match to be played.
|Hapoel Petah Tikva||1–1||Maccabi Haifa|
|Markus 38'||Shmulevich 43'|
|Hapoel Haifa||3–0||Maccabi Sha'arayim|
- 100 Years of Football 1906-2006, Elisha Shohat (Israel), 2006
- (Page 4) Hadshot HaSport, 20.5.1962, archive.football.co.il (in Hebrew)
- 24 Matches were held yesterday in the fourth round of Football State Cup Davar, 20.5.1962, Historical Jewish Press (in Hebrew)
- (Page 4) Hadshot HaSport, 7.10.1962, archive.football.co.il (in Hebrew)
- Beitar Tel Aviv - Maccabi Rehovot 4:1 Davar, 3.2.1963, Historical Jewish Press (in Hebrew)
- In the State Cup: Maccabi Jaffa - Hapoel Tel Aviv 2:0 (1:0) Heruth, 10.2.1963, Historical Jewish Press (in Hebrew)
- Hapoel Petah Tikva - Ramla 2:1 Davar, 13.2.1963, Historical Jewish Press (in Hebrew)
- Beitar Jerusalem beat Hapoel Dimona in the Cup Heruth, 20.2.1963, Historical Jewish Press (in Hebrew)
- Find match Bnei Yehuda Museum (in Hebrew)
- Hapoel Ramat Gan - Hapoel Kfar Ata 3:0 (Page 4) Hadshot HaSport, 27.1.1963 (in Hebrew)