1960 in South Korea
Events from the year 1960 in South Korea.
|See also:||Other events of 1960|
Years in South Korea
Timeline of Korean history
1960 in North Korea
- 26 January – According to National Police Agency of ROK official confirmed report, a human stampede by Lunar New Year rush in Seoul Station, total 31 persons were crush to death, 49 persons were hurt.
- 2 March – According to South Korea Fire Service official confirmed report, a fire and explosion in Kukje Rubber and Manufacturing plant in Busan, 68 persons were fatalities.
- 19 April - April Revolution
- 5 September – Samyang Tires, as predecessor of Kumho Tires has founded.
- 16 October - Hyun Jae-myung.