1955 LPGA Championship
|Dates||July 15–17, 1955|
|Location||Fort Wayne, Indiana, U.S.|
|Course(s)||Orchard Ridge Country Club|
|Format||Stroke play - 54 holes|
Match play - 36 holes (final)
|220 (−5), 4&3|
The championship's format was three rounds of stroke play, followed by match play on Sunday to determine the final standings. The championship match was played over 36 holes and the other matches were over 18 holes. Rain washed out play on Thursday and delayed the start to late morning on Friday; 36 holes were played on Saturday.
Sunday, July 17, 1955
|1||Beverly Hanson||United States||70-75-75=220||−5||4&3||1,200|
|2||Louise Suggs||United States||74-74-75=223||−2||800|
|4||Jackie Pung||United States||72-77-75=224||−1||525|
|5||Mary Lena Faulk||United States||75-75-75=225||E||1 up||475|
|6||Betty Hicks||United States||73-76-77=226||+1||400|
|7||Pat O'Sullivan||United States||73-77-79=229||+4||2&1||350|
|8||Bonnie Randolph||United States||75-72-79=226||+1||300|
|9||Betty Jameson||United States||75-78-77=230||+5||6&5||250|
|10||Peggy Kirk Bell||United States||77-74-78=229||+4||225|
- "Hanson, Suggs Play for Title". Abilene Reporter-News. Texas. July 17, 1955. p. 1-D.
- "Hanson Wins Fem Golf Title". Abilene Reporter-News. Texas. July 18, 1955. p. 2-A.
- "Beverly Hanson leads LPGA Championships with five-under 70". St. Petersburg Times. Florida. Associated Press. July 16, 1955. p. 16.
- "Hanson, Suggs duel for title". Spokesman-Review. Spokane, Washington. Associated Press. July 17, 1955. p. 1, sports.
- "Hanson crushes Suggs in final". Palm Beach Post. Florida. Associated Press. July 18, 1955. p. 6.
- "PGA playoff pits Hanson, Suggs in final". St. Petersburg Times. Florida. Associated Press. July 17, 1955. p. 2C.