This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2021)
Events from the year 1953 in Pakistan.
|See also:||Other events of 1953|
List of years in Pakistan
- Governor-General: Malik Ghulam Muhammad
- Prime Minister: Khawaja Nazimuddin (until 17 April), Muhammad Ali Bogra (starting 17 April)
- Chief Justice: Abdul Rashid
- April 17 – Governor General Ghulam Muhammad sacked Prime Minister Khawaja Nazimuddin, although he enjoyed the confidence of the parliament, and appointed Mohammad Ali Bogra to form a government on April 17.
- Martial law was imposed in Lahore to control the sectarian riots against the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community. This was the first sectarian rioting in the country and the Pakistan Army was called for the first time to control a civil strife.
- "Benazir Bhutto". Britannica Presents 100 Women Trailblazers. 15 February 2019. Retrieved 27 July 2021.