The 1950 Montana Grizzlies football team represented the University of Montana in the 1950 college football season. The Grizzlies were led by second-year head coach Ted Shipkey, played their home games at Dornblaser Field and finished the season with a record of five wins and five losses (5–5).
|1950 Montana Grizzlies football|
|Home stadium||Dornblaser Field|
|1950 Western college football independents records|
|San Jose State||–||6||–||3||–||1|
|Cal Poly San Dimas||–||1||–||6||–||1|
This was Montana's first season out of the Pacific Coast Conference and they competed as an independent; they played four PCC opponents, one more than the previous year. Montana joined the Skyline Conference for the 1951 season.
|September 23||at Eastern Washington||Cheney, WA (EWU–UM Governors Cup)||W 52–0|
|September 30||at Idaho||W 28–27|
|October 7||at Oregon||L 13–21|
|October 14||Washington State||L 7–14|
|October 21||vs. Montana State||W 33–0|
|October 28||at Oregon State||L 0–20|
|November 4||Puget Sound||W 35–7|
|November 11||at Nevada||L 14–19|
|November 18||Utah State||W 38–7|
|November 24||vs. San Jose State||L 7–32|
- The Eastern Washington game did not award the Governors Cup until 39 years later in 1998.
- ^ 2010 Montana Football Media Guide Archived July 31, 2012, at the Wayback Machine, University of Montana, 2010.
- ^ "EWC well primed for Grizzly tilt". Spokane Daily Chronicle. (Washington). September 23, 1950. p. 15.
- ^ "Savages blasted by Montana 52-0". Spokane Daily Chronicle. (Washington). September 25, 1950. p. 15.
- ^ "Vandals engage aerial-minded Montana today". Lewiston Morning Tribune. (Idaho). September 30, 1950. p. 8.
- ^ "Montana edges Idaho 28-27". Lewiston Morning Tribune. (Idaho). October 1, 1950. p. 8.
- ^ "Ducks, Grizzlies to clash Saturday". Eugene Register-Guard. (Oregon). October 6, 1950. p. 10A.
- ^ "Oregon Webfeet outrun rugged Grizzlies 21-13". Lewiston Morning Tribune. (Idaho). Associated Press. October 8, 1950. p. 10.
- ^ "Outplayed Washington State scores twice to stop Montana 14-7". Lewiston Morning Tribune. (Idaho). October 15, 1950. p. 13.
- ^ "Grizzlies bowl over Montana State 33-0". Lewiston Morning Tribune. (Idaho). Associated Press. October 22, 1950. p. 10.