|1946 U.S. National Championships|
|Final score||11–9, 6–3|
The tournament used two lists of players for seeding the women's singles event; one for U.S. players and one for foreign players. Pauline Betz is the champion; others show in brackets the round in which they were eliminated.
- Pauline Betz (champion)
- Margaret Osborne (quarterfinals)
- Louise Brough (quarterfinals)
- Dorothy Bundy (first round)
- Doris Hart (finalist)
- Patricia Todd (semifinals)
- Shirley Fry (first round)
- Mary Arnold (semifinals)
- Jean Bostock (third round)
- Kay Stammers Menzies (third round)
- Mrs. Raymonde Jones (first round)
- Mrs. Pat Adams (first round)
- Tara Deodhar (first round)
- Collins, Bud (2010). The Bud Collins History of Tennis (2nd ed.). [New York City]: New Chapter Press. p. 470. ISBN 978-0942257700.
- G.P. Hughes, ed. (1947). The Lawn Tennis Almanack 1947. London: Ed. J. Burrow & Co. Ltd. pp. 207–209.
- "Seed Parker, Betz No.1 in Nationals". The Brooklyn Daily Eagle. Newspapers.com. August 30, 1946. p. 17.
- "Seedings in U.S. Tennis". The Straits Times. Singapore. 31 August 1946. p. 8.