This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2022)
The following lists events that happened during 1943 in Chile.
- 20 January - After pressure from the United States in the context of World War II, the President of the Republic, Juan Antonio Rios, in agreement with the Senate, decided to break relations with the Axis countries, Germany, Italy and Japan.
- 6 April - At 12:07 p.m. there is a Earthquake 8.2 degrees in the Richter magnitude scale whose epicenter was located in the city of Ovalle, Coquimbo Region. It had a balance of 12 dead, 49 wounded and 23,250 victims.
- 9 July - The Organic Code of Courts enters into force, a legal body that regulates the organization and powers of the courts of justice as well as the statute and functions of those in charge of the administration of justice.
- 15 October - The first edition of the newspaper Las Noticias de Última Hora circulates.
- 26 July – Luis Barros Borgoño (b. 1858)