1941–42 Stanford Indians men's basketball team
The Stanford Indians (now known as Cardinal) won their first and only NCAA basketball championship in 1942. Stanford was also retroactively named the national champion by the Helms Athletic Foundation and the Premo-Porretta Power Poll.
|1941–42 Stanford Cardinal men's basketball|
|Conference||Pacific Coast Conference|
|1941–42 record||28–4 (11–1 PCC)|
|Head coach||Everett Dean|
|1941–42 Pacific Coast Conference men's basketball standings|
|† Conference playoff series winner |
As of 1942; Rankings from AP Poll
NCAA basketball tournamentEdit
- Stanford 53, Rice 47
- Final Four
- Stanford 46, Colorado 35
- Stanford 53, Dartmouth 38
Awards and honorsEdit
- "2017-18 Men's Basketball Media Guide". Pac-12 Conference. p. 72. Retrieved February 16, 2018.
- "NCAA Division I Mens Basketball – NCAA Division I Champions". Rauzulu's Street. 2004. Retrieved May 26, 2015.
- ESPN, ed. (2009). ESPN College Basketball Encyclopedia: The Complete History of the Men's Game. New York, NY: ESPN Books. p. 561. ISBN 978-0-345-51392-2.
- "Final Four Most Outstanding Players". cbs.sportsline.com. Archived from the original on 7 September 2008. Retrieved 31 March 2008.