1935 San Diego State Aztecs football team
|1935 San Diego State Aztecs football|
|Conference||Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference|
|1935 record||3–4–1 (2–2–1 SCIAC)|
|Head coach||Leo Calland (1st season)|
|Home stadium||Balboa Stadium|
|1935 SCIAC football standings|
|Santa Barbara State||2||–||2||–||1||5||–||2||–||2|
|San Diego State||2||–||2||–||1||3||–||4||–||1|
San Diego State competed in the Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SCIAC). The 1935 San Diego State team was led by head coach Leo B. Calland in his first season with the Aztecs. They played home games at Balboa Stadium in San Diego, California and one game on campus. The Aztecs finished the season with three wins, four losses and one tie (3–4–1, 2–2–1 SCIAC). Overall, the team was outscored by its opponents 56–83 points for the season.
|October 5||Santa Barbara State[note 2]||T 7–7|||
|October 12||Occidental||L 0–7||3,000|
|October 19||La Verne||W 14–6|||
|October 25||at Whittier||L 0–13|||
|November 9||Loyola[note 3]*||W 6–0|||
|November 16||Redlands||W 13–7|||
|November 28||at San Jose State[note 4]*||L 9–24||5,000|
|December 7||Pacific (CA)[note 5]*||L 7–19||4,200|
Team players in the NFLEdit
- San Diego State University was known as San Diego State College from 1935 to 1971.
- University of California, Santa Barbara was known as Santa Barbara State College from 1921 to 1943.
- Loyola Marymount University was known as Loyola University of Los Angeles from 1930 to 1973.
- San Jose State University was known as San Jose State College from 1935 to 1971.
- University of the Pacific (UOP) was known as College of the Pacific from 1911 to 1961.
- Kenwood Bojens (October 6, 1935). "State College And Santa Barbara Elevens Battle To Tie". The San Diego Union. San Diego, California. p. 3-2.
- Kenwood Bojens (October 13, 1935). "Aztec Grid Outfit Bows to Occidental, 7 to 0". The San Diego Union. San Diego, California.
- Kenwood Bojens (October 20, 1935). "Aztec Football Team Conquers La Verne, 14-6; Aerial Plays Bring Staters First Victory". The San Diego Union. San Diego, California.
- "Poets Beat Aztecs; State College Turned Bay By 13-0 Score". The San Diego Union. San Diego, California. October 26, 1935. p. P-3 S-2.
- Kenwood Bojens (November 10, 1935). "State College Defeats Loyola; Aztecs Take Early Lead and Smother Lion Attack". The San Diego Union. San Diego, California.
- Kenwood Bojens (November 17, 1935). "Aztecs Conquer Redlands, 13-7; Aerial Plays Win For State in Wild Game". The San Diego Union. San Diego, California.
- "San Jose Defeats State College Eleven By 24-9 Score; Aztecs Unable To Stop Power Plays of Foes". The San Diego Union. San Diego, California. November 29, 1935. p. 4.
- "Staggmen Defeat State College; Pacific Team Too Powerful For Aztec '11'". The San Diego Union. San Diego, California. December 8, 1935.
- "San Diego State Yearly Results". College Football Data Warehouse. Retrieved January 16, 2017.
- "San Diego State 2016 Football Media Guide". Archived from the original on 2016-10-18. Retrieved December 7, 2016.
- "1936 NFL Draft". Retrieved December 7, 2016.
- "San Diego St. Players/Alumni". Retrieved December 8, 2016.