1935 International Lawn Tennis Challenge
The 1935 International Lawn Tennis Challenge was the 30th edition of what is now known as the Davis Cup. Due to increased political tensions in Europe, entries for the Europe Zone declined sharply, causing the Qualifying Round system to be scrapped. Only 11 teams would enter the Europe Zone; while six would enter the Americas Zone, 4 in North America and 2 in South America.
|Duration||26 April – 30 July|
|Winning Nation||Great Britain|
In the America Inter-Zonal Final the United States received a walkover due to Brazil's absence, while in the Europe Zone final Germany defeated Czechoslovakia. The United States defeated Germany in the Inter-Zonal play-off, but would fall to Great Britain in the Challenge Round. The final was played at the All England Club Centre Court in Wimbledon, London, United Kingdom on 27-30 July.
North & Central America ZoneEdit
|Mexico City, Mexico (clay)|
|Cuba||0||Mexico City, Mexico (clay)|
|Mexico City, Mexico (clay)||United States||5|
South America ZoneEdit
Americas Inter-Zonal FinalEdit
17 May–10 June
|Scheveningen, Netherlands (clay)|
|Eastbourne, United Kingdom (grass)|
|Paris, France (clay)|
|Berlin, Germany (clay)|
Czechoslovakia vs. Germany
|Prague, Czechoslovakia 
12–14 July 1935
United States vs. Germany
|No. 1 Court, All England Club, Wimbledon, United Kingdom 
20–24 July 1935
Great Britain vs. United States
|Centre Court, All England Club, Wimbledon, United Kingdom 
27–30 July 1935
- Bud Collins (2010). The Bud Collins History of Tennis (2nd ed.). [New York]: New Chapter Press. pp. 495–496, 499. ISBN 978-0942257700.
- Max Robertson (1974). The Encyclopedia of Tennis. London: Allen & Unwin. p. 384. ISBN 0047960426.
- "Great Britain v United States". daviscup.com.
- "United States v Brazil". daviscup.com.
- "Czechoslovakia v Germany". daviscup.com.
- "United States v Germany". daviscup.com.