1933 in archaeology
The year 1933 in archaeology involved some significant events.
|Table of years in archaeology|
|Related time period or subjects|
|Art Archaeology Architecture Literature Music Science more |
In Template:Year nav topic: extra parameters: science
- Excavations at Et-Tell by Judith Marquet-Krause begin (continue through 1935).
- Excavations at Tell Arpachiyah by Max Mallowan and John Cruikshank Rose of the British School of Archaeology in Iraq.
- Excavations at Tepe Sialk by Roman Ghirshman begin (continue in 1934 and 1937).
- Excavation of mastaba of Senewosret-Ankh at Lisht in Egypt by Metropolitan Museum of Art concludes.
- Excavations at Tintagel Castle by C. A. Ralegh Radford begin (continue through 1938).
- Gordon Vivian begins preservation work at Pueblo Bonito, Chetro Ket and Casa Rinconada (through 1937).
- May 11 - Anna Marguerite McCann, American underwater archaeologist (d. 2017)
- June 9 - Jerzy Kolendo, Polish archaeologist (d. 2014)
- August 10 - Denise Schmandt-Besserat, French-born archaeologist specialising in the origins of writing and information management
- Don Brothwell, British archaeologist (d. 2016)
- Christos G. Doumas, Greek archaeologist
- Robert Sténuit, Belgian underwater archaeologist
- Royal Navy (2009). "Ships: Grace Dieu 1420". The National Archives (United Kingdom). Archived from the original on 2011-08-05. Retrieved 2018-08-27. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Bailey, Geoff (2006). "The Roman Coin Hoard And The Falkirk Tartan". Falkirk Local History Society. Retrieved 2014-05-07. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Macdonald, George (January 1934). "Hoard of coins from Falkirk". The Antiquaries Journal. Society of Antiquaries of London. 14 (1): 59. doi:10.1017/s0003581500037926.
- Clark, Grahame; Piggott, Stuart (2 January 2015). "The Age of the British Flint Mines". Antiquity. 7 (26): 166–183. doi:10.1017/S0003598X00007912.
- "Im memoriam – Jerzy Kolendo (9 czerwca 1933 - 28 lutego 2014)". Histmag.org. Retrieved 21 November 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "In Memoriam Don Brothwell - Archaeology, The University of York". www.york.ac.uk. Archived from the original on 10 April 2017. Retrieved 7 June 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)