The 1921 East Tennessee State Normal School football team was an American football team that represented East Tennessee State Normal School—now known as East Tennessee State University (ETSU)—as an independent in the 1921 college football season. They were led by William R. Windes, in his second and final season as head coach. He was assisted by English professor Willis Beeler "Bull" Bible, brother of Dana X. Bible and by fellow teacher A. V. McFee. In the 1921 season, the team was much improved on the playing field against much better competition with only one game against high school competition. The team also played against the Johnson City All-Stars, composed of former high school and college players. Windes finished his coaching tenure at the school with a 7–5 record.
|1921 East Tennessee State Normal football|
|Record||2–3 (4–3 with non-countable games)|
|1921 Southern college football independents records|
|Southwest Texas State||–||7||–||0||–||0|
|Middle Tennessee State Normal||–||3||–||2||–||1|
|East Tennessee State Normal||–||4||–||3||–||0|
|West Tennessee State Normal||–||4||–||5||–||1|
|Western Kentucky State Normal||–||2||–||4||–||1|
|October 1||2:15 p.m.||Tusculum||W 20–0|||
|October 8||at Carson–Newman||Jefferson City, TN||L 0–46|||
|Johnson City All-Stars||W 14–7|
|Washington College||W 42–0|
|November 5||at King||Bristol, TN||L 7–42|
|November 11||Milligan||Johnson City, TN||W 12–6|||
|November 18||King||L 0–35|||
- Roberts, L. Thomas; Robertson, Jerry; Buc Football and Friends Foundation (29 August 2007). East Tennessee State University Football. Tennessee: Arcadia Publishing. ISBN 9780738544243.
- "Tusculum and Normal Teams Meet Saturday". Knoxville Sentinel. Knoxville, Tennessee. October 9, 1921. p. 15. Retrieved September 28, 2020 – via Newspapers.com .
- "Normal Beats Tusculum's 11". The Journal and Tribune. Knoxville, Tennessee. September 29, 1921. p. 6. Retrieved September 28, 2020 – via Newspapers.com .
- "Hefty Parsons Defeat Normal". The Journal and Tribune. Knoxville, Tennessee. October 9, 1921. p. 15. Retrieved September 28, 2020 – via Newspapers.com .
- "State Normal Eleven Trims Milligan 21-6 [sic]". The Journal and Tribune. Knoxville, Tennessee. November 12, 1921. p. 11. Retrieved September 28, 2020 – via Newspapers.com .
- "Kaysee Meets With Determined Attack By Normalites". Bristol Herald Courier. Bristol, Tennessee. November 19, 1921. p. 5. Retrieved September 28, 2020 – via Newspapers.com .