1910 in archaeology
|Table of years in archaeology|
|Related time period or subjects|
|Art Archaeology Architecture Literature Music Science more |
In Template:Year nav topic: extra parameters: science
|1780s . 1790s in archaeology . 1800|
|Other events: 1790s . Archaeology timeline|
- Francis Llewellyn Griffith begins a 4-year series of excavations in Nubia.
- Edgar Lee Hewett begins a 4-year project at Quiriguá.
- Antonios Keramopoulos excavates the temple of Apollo in Thebes, Greece.
- St Piran's Oratory, Perranzabuloe, Cornwall, England.
- Coldrum Long Barrow in south east England.
- United Fruit Company purchases land in Guatemala including the Maya site of Quiriguá; 30 acres (120,000 m²) including and around the ruins are set aside as an archaeological zone.
- The National Museums of Kenya, a governmental body maintaining several museums and monuments in Kenya (with headquarters in Nairobi), is founded by the East Africa Natural History Society.
- February 13 – Ignacio Bernal, Mexican archaeologist (d. 1992).
- May 3 – Anne Strachan Robertson, Scottish archaeologist and numismatist (d. 1997).
- May 28 – Stuart Piggott, English archaeologist (d. 1996).
- July 10 – Wilhelmina Feemster Jashemski, American archaeologist (d. 2007).
- August 5 – Jacquetta Hawkes, British archaeologist (d. 1996).
- "The scientific work". Archaeological Museum of Thebes. Retrieved November 23, 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Opper, Thorsten (2014). The Meroë Head of Augustus. Objects in Focus. London: British Museum Press. ISBN 978-0714150918.
- "Obituary: Professor Anne Robertson". The Independent. November 15, 1997. Retrieved June 21, 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Obituary: Professor Stuart Piggott". The Independent. September 27, 1996. Retrieved May 30, 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Holley, Joe (January 14, 2008). "Pompeian Historian Wilhelmina Jashemski". Washington Post. Retrieved December 22, 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Obituary: Jacquetta Hawkes". The Independent. March 20, 1996. Retrieved May 30, 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)