The year 1904 in architecture involved some significant architectural events and new buildings.
Buildings and structures
- January 8 – Blackstone Library, Chicago, designed by Solon Spencer Beman.
- Spring – Old Faithful Inn in Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming, designed by Robert Reamer.
- April – Watts Gallery in Compton, Guildford, England, designed by Christopher Hatton Turnor.
- May 3 – Midtgulen Church, in Bremanger Municipality, Norway, designed by Lars Sølvberg, is consecrated by Bishop Johan Willoch Erichsen.
- September 4 – St. Regis Hotel in New York City, designed by Trowbridge & Livingston with interiors by Arnold Constable.
- September 17 – New St Columba Church of Scotland, Glasgow, designed by Tennant and Burke.
- The Rhode Island State House in Providence, Rhode Island, designed by McKim, Mead & White, completed.
- Kaiser-Friedrich-Museum, Berlin, designed by Ernst von Ihne.
- Batumi Synagogue, Georgia, designed by Semyon Vulkovich.
- The Bergeret House in Nancy, France, by Lucien Weissenburger, with ironwork by Louis Majorelle, interior paintings by Victor Prouvé, stained glass by Jacques Gruber and woodwork by Eugène Vallin.
- The Villa des Roches, designed by Émile André as his own house, in the Parc de Saurupt in Nancy, France.
- Larkin Administration Building, designed by Frank Lloyd Wright for the Larkin Soap Company of Buffalo, New York.
- The Mayoralty of Baku, final work of Józef Gosławski.
- Hungarian Parliament Building (Országház) on the Danube in Budapest, designed by Imre Steindl (died 1902).
- Hammersmith Hospital, London, designed by Giles, Gough and Trollope.
- Rue Franklin Apartments, Paris, by Auguste Perret and his brother Gustave, an early example of an exposed reinforced concrete frame building.
- Hôtel Brion, Strasbourg, built by architect Auguste Brion for himself.
- ^ "Ford Piquette Avenue Plant". Michigan State Housing Development Authority. Archived from the original on May 28, 2012. Retrieved September 2, 2010.
- ^ Morrison, William (1999). Broadway Theatres: History and Architecture. Dover Books on Architecture. Mineola, New York: Dover Publications. pp. 48–50. ISBN 0-486-40244-4.
- ^ Aaraas, Margrethe; Venden, Sigurd (2000). "Midtgulen Church" (in Norwegian). www.sffarkiv.no – Sogn og Fjordane Arkiv. Archived from the original on 2011-07-24. Retrieved 2008-09-27.
- ^ Batumi: sights. Official website of Batumi. Retrieved 2009-05-10.
- ^ "Rue Franklin Apartments". GreatBuildings. Retrieved 2012-05-29.
- ^ Eisenman, Peter; Terragni, Giuseppe (2003). Transformations, Decompositions, Critiques. New York: The Monacelli Press.
- ^ Belot, Robert; Bermond, Daniel (2004). Bartholdi.