The following lists events that happened during 1805 in South Africa.
- The Napoleonic Wars break out between France and the United Kingdom
- July – A British expeditionary force sets sail from Great Britain to re-occupy the Cape Colony
- 28 April – The Huguenots consecrated the Strooidakkerk (thatched church) in Paarl
- 24 December – A British warship arrives at the Cape Colony and attacks 2 supply ships
- ^ "Position in Cape Colony, 1795-1803". Journal of the South African Veterinary Association. 6 (2): 92–101. 1 January 1935. ISSN 2224-9435.
- See Years in South Africa for list of References