1785 in sports describes the year's events in world sport.
- 7 June — Bill Harvey defeated Harry Sellers in a 20-minute fight at Ash Fields.
- First definite mention in the sources of Billy Beldham. The rise of the White Conduit Club foreshadowed a shift of direction by cricket's hierarchy from rural Hampshire to metropolitan London.
- Cyber Boxing Zone - Harry Sellers. Retrieved on 20 October 2017.
- Note that scorecards created in the 18th century are not necessarily accurate or complete; therefore any summary of runs, wickets or catches can only represent the known totals and the missing data prevents effective computation of averages
- "Epsom Derby | History, Winners, & Facts | Britannica". www.britannica.com. Retrieved 20 December 2021.