1660 in science
- February 19 – Friedrich Hoffmann, German physician and chemist (died 1742)
- April 16 – Hans Sloane, Ulster Scots-born collector and physician (died 1753)
- March 15 – Olof Rudbeck the Younger, Swedish naturalist (died 1740)
- May 27 (bapt.) – Francis Hauksbee, English scientific instrument maker and experimentalist (died 1713)
- approx. date – Edward Lhuyd, Welsh naturalist (died 1709)
- Date unknown – Jeanne Dumée, French astronomer (born 1660)
- Penguin Pocket On This Day. Penguin Reference Library. 2006. ISBN 0-14-102715-0.
- Egerton, Frank N. (October 2005). "A History of the Ecological Sciences, Part 18: John Ray and His Associates Francis Willughby and William Derham" (PDF). Bulletin of the Ecological Society of America: 301–313.