1645 in science
The year 1645 in science and technology involved some significant events.
- Publication of Robert Dudley's Dell'Arcano del Mare begins in Italian at Florence. A comprehensive work on navigation, shipbuilding and astronomy, it includes an original maritime atlas of the entire world, which is the first such in print, the first made by an Englishman, and the first to use the Mercator projection.
- Eddy, John A. (June 1976). "The Maunder Minimum". Science. 192 (4245): 1189–1202. Bibcode:1976Sci...192.1189E. doi:10.1126/science.192.4245.1189. JSTOR 17425839. PMID 17771739.
- "The Galileo Project". Archived from the original on June 23, 2004. Retrieved September 14, 2007.
- Martensen, Robert L. (2004). "Whistler, Daniel (1618/19–1684)". Oxford Dictionary of National Biography. Oxford University Press. doi:10.1093/ref:odnb/29215. Retrieved January 26, 2012. (subscription or UK public library membership required)
- "Sir Robert Dudley". Encyclopædia Britannica. 2009. Retrieved October 15, 2009.