1629 in science
- April 14 – Christiaan Huygens, Dutch mathematician and physicist (died 1695)
- Laurent Cassegrain, French priest and physicist (died 1693)
- Jan Commelijn, Dutch botanist (died 1692)
- Christophe Glaser, Swiss pharmacian (died 1672)
- Johann Glaser, Swiss anatomist (died 1675)
- Agnes Block, Dutch horticulturalist (died 1704)
- Cahill, Hugh (April 2005). "Book of the month: Paradisi in Sole Paradisus Terrestri". Information Services and Systems, King's College London. Archived from the original on 26 May 2007. Retrieved 2007-11-30.