155th Street station (IND Eighth Avenue Line)
155th Street is a local station on the IND Eighth Avenue Line of the New York City Subway. Located under the intersection of 155th Street and St. Nicholas Avenue, at the border of Harlem and Washington Heights neighborhoods of Manhattan, it is served by the C train at all times except nights, when the A train takes over service.
|New York City Subway station (rapid transit)|
Brooklyn bound platform
|Address||West 155th Street & St. Nicholas Avenue|
New York, NY 10032
|Locale||Washington Heights, Hamilton Heights, Harlem|
|Line||IND Eighth Avenue Line|
|Services||A (late nights) |
C (all except late nights)
|Transit connections||NYCT Bus: Bx6, Bx6 SBS, M2, M3, M100, M101|
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Opened||September 10, 1932|
|Passengers (2018)||1,001,262 12.8%|
|Rank||353 out of 424|
|Next north||163rd Street–Amsterdam Avenue: A C|
|Next south||145th Street: A C|
|B1||Mezzanine||Fare control, station agent|
|B2||Side platform, doors will open on the right|
|Northbound local||← toward 168th Street ( toward 207th Street late nights) (163rd Street–Amsterdam Avenue)|
|Southbound local||→ toward Euclid Avenue ( toward Far Rockaway late nights) (145th Street) →|
|Side platform, doors will open on the right|
|B3||Northbound express||← does not stop here|
|Southbound express||→ does not stop here →|
The station once had a full-length mezzanine, but the south end at 153rd Street is now closed and used as a MTA New York City Transit facility. The north end at 155th Street has vent chambers and a high ceiling.
- The New York Times, List of the 28 Stations on the New Eighth Ave Line, September 10, 1932, page 6
- "Station Developers' Information". Metropolitan Transportation Authority. Retrieved June 13, 2017.
- "NYC Subway Wireless – Active Stations". Transit Wireless Wifi. Retrieved November 13, 2019.
- "Facts and Figures: Annual Subway Ridership 2013–2018". Metropolitan Transportation Authority. July 18, 2019. Retrieved July 18, 2019.
- Station Reporter — C Train Archived March 13, 2013, at the Wayback Machine
- Crowell, Paul (September 10, 1932). "Gay Midnight Crowd Rides First Trains In The New Subway: Throngs at Station an Hour Before Time, Rush Turnstiles When Chains are Dropped" (PDF). The New York Times. Retrieved November 8, 2015.
- Dougherty, Peter (2006) . Tracks of the New York City Subway 2006 (3rd ed.). Dougherty. OCLC 49777633 – via Google Books.
- "Review of the A and C Lines" (PDF). Metropolitan Transportation Authority. December 11, 2015. Retrieved January 19, 2016.
- "MTA Neighborhood Maps: Harlem / Hamilton Heights" (PDF). mta.info. Metropolitan Transportation Authority. 2015. Retrieved July 12, 2015.