This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2017)
|Ab urbe condita||2179|
|Balinese saka calendar||1347–1348|
|English Regnal year||4 Hen. 6 – 5 Hen. 6|
|Chinese calendar||乙巳年 (Wood Snake)|
4122 or 4062
— to —
丙午年 (Fire Horse)
4123 or 4063
|- Vikram Samvat||1482–1483|
|- Shaka Samvat||1347–1348|
|- Kali Yuga||4526–4527|
|Japanese calendar||Ōei 33|
|Minguo calendar||486 before ROC|
|Thai solar calendar||1968–1969|
1552 or 1171 or 399
— to —
1553 or 1172 or 400
- March 6 – Battle of St. James (near Avranches): An English army under John, Duke of Bedford, defeats the French under Arthur de Richemont, forcing the Duke of Brittany to recognize English suzerainty.
- c. May 15 - 16 – Kale Kye-Taung Nyo, ruler of the Kingdom of Ava, flees his capital. He is succeeded by Mohnyin Thado, who receives Thinkhaya III of Toungoo.
- June 16 – Hussite Wars – Battle of Usti nad Labem: The Hussites decisively beat the crusading armies in the Fourth Anti-Hussite Crusade.
- July 7 – Battle of Chirokitia: King Janus of Cyprus is defeated and captured by the Mamluks and brought to Egypt, where he is ransomed after ten months.
- Date unknown
- February 2 – Eleanor of Navarre, queen regnant of Navarre (d. 1479)
- February – Christian of Oldenburg, King of Denmark 1448–1481, of Norway 1450–1481 and of Sweden 1457–1464 (d. 1481)
- July 13 – Anne Neville, Countess of Warwick (d. 1492)
- September 19 – Maria of Cleves, French noble (d. 1487)
- November 30 – Johann IV Roth, Roman Catholic bishop (d. 1506)
- date unknown – John II, Duke of Bourbon (d. 1488)
- March / May – Thomas Hoccleve, English poet (b. c. 1368)
- c. late May – Kale Kye-Taung Nyo, deposed King of Ava (b. c. 1385)
- September 18 – Hubert van Eyck, painter
- November 24 – Elizabeth of Lancaster, Duchess of Exeter, English Plantagent noblewoman, daughter of John of Gaunt (b. c. 1363)
- December – Pippo Spano, Hungarian military leader (b. 1369)
- December 31 – Thomas Beaufort, Duke of Exeter, English nobleman and military leader (b. c. 1377)
- date unknown – Tezozomoc, Tepanec ruler of Azcapotzalco and military leader
- Richard Ernest Dupuy; Trevor Nevitt Dupuy (1993). The Harper Encyclopedia of Military History: From 3500 BC to the Present. HarperCollins. p. 451. ISBN 978-0-06-270056-8.
- Gernet, Jacques (translated by Foster, J. R. and Hartman, Charles) (1936). A History of Chinese Civilization. Cambridge University Press. p. 407.
- Aleksandr Mikhaĭlovich Prokhorov (1973). Great Soviet Encyclopedia. Macmillan. p. 38.
- Hubert van Eyck (1904). Hubert and Jan Van Eyck. Bates and Guild Company. p. 24.