The 13th National People's Congress of the People's Republic of China was elected from October 2017 to February 2018 and will be in session in the five-year period 2018 to 2023. It is scheduled to hold five sessions in this period, occurring around early March every year until before 2023, when the 14th National People's Congress will first convene.
All 2,980 seats to the National People's Congress
1491 seats to have a majority
|Major party||General Secretary||Seats|
|Chinese Communist Party||Xi Jinping||2119|
|Jiusan Society||Wu Weihua||64|
|China Democratic League||Ding Zhongli||58|
|China National Democratic Construction Association||Hao Mingjin||57|
|China Association for Promoting Democracy||Cai Dafeng||55|
|Chinese Peasants' and Workers' Democratic Party||Chen Zhu||54|
|Revolutionary Committee of the Chinese Kuomintang||Wan Exiang||43|
|China Zhi Gong Party||Wan Gang||38|
|Taiwan Democratic Self-Government League||Su Hui||13|
The first sessionEdit
The first session opened on 5 March 2018 and closed on 20 March 2018. All major state positions were elected in this session, including President, Vice President, Premier, and Congress Chairman.
|NPCSC Chairman Election||NPCSC Secretary-general Election|
|Li Zhanshu||2970||0||0||Yang Zhenwu||2970||0||0|
|Presidential Election||Vice-Presidential Election|
|Xi Jinping||2970||0||0||Wang Qishan||2969||1||0|
|NPCSC Vice-chairmen Election||NSC Director Election|
|Wang Chen||2970||0||0||Yang Xiaodu||2969||1||0|
|Chen Zhu||2970||0||0||Liu Yuan||2||0||0|
|Premierial Election||Vice-Premierial Election|
|Li Keqiang||2964||2||0||Han Zheng||2965||4||0|
|CMC Chairmanship Election||CMC Vice-Chairmanship Election|
|Xi Jinping||2970||0||0||Xu Qiliang||2962||0||4|
|Supreme Court President Election||Procurator-general Election|
|Zhou Qiang||2956||5||5||Zhang Jun||2951||5||10|
The second sessionEdit
The third sessionEdit
The third session was scheduled for March 5, 2020, but was delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the first time such a postponement had happened in decades. After the announcement of the date in April, the session was held from May 22 to May 28, 2020.
The fourth sessionEdit
The fourth session opened on 5 March and concluded on 11 March 2021.
The fifth sessionEdit
- "Electoral Calendar - international elections world elections". Archived from the original on 26 May 2011. Retrieved 2011-05-12.
- "China's national legislature starts annual session". Xinhuanet. 5 March 2019. Retrieved 5 March 2019.
- "China's national legislature concludes annual session". Xinhuanet. 15 March 2019. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- "China postpones year's biggest political event amid coronavirus outbreak". South China Morning Post. 2020-02-17. Retrieved 2020-05-28.
- "十三届全国人大四次会议主席团举行第一次会议" (in Simplified Chinese). Xinhuanet. 4 March 2021. Retrieved 12 March 2021.
- "China Focus: China's national legislature opens annual session". english.news.cn. Xinhua. Retrieved 2 April 2022.
- "（两会受权发布）十三届全国人大五次会议主席团举行第一次会议 决定大会日程等 本次大会5日开幕 会期6天半". www.news.cn (in Simplified Chinese). 新华网. Retrieved 2 April 2022.
- (in Chinese) Official website of the NPC