This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Ab urbe condita||2138|
|Balinese saka calendar||1306–1307|
|English Regnal year||8 Ric. 2 – 9 Ric. 2|
|Chinese calendar||甲子年 (Wood Rat)|
4081 or 4021
— to —
乙丑年 (Wood Ox)
4082 or 4022
|- Vikram Samvat||1441–1442|
|- Shaka Samvat||1306–1307|
|- Kali Yuga||4485–4486|
|Japanese calendar||Shitoku 2|
|Minguo calendar||527 before ROC|
|Thai solar calendar||1927–1928|
1511 or 1130 or 358
— to —
1512 or 1131 or 359
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1385.|
- July 17 – Charles VI of France marries Isabeau of Bavaria; the wedding is celebrated with France's first court ball.
- August 6 – Edmund of Langley is elevated to become the first Duke of York.
- August 14
- Battle of Aljubarrota: John of Aviz defeats John I of Castile in the decisive battle of the 1383–85 Crisis in Portugal. John of Aviz is crowned King John I of Portugal, ending Queen Beatrice's rule, and Portugal's independence from the Kingdom of Castile is secured.
- The Union of Krewo establishes the Jagiellonian Dynasty in Poland and Lithuania, through the proposed marriage of Queen regnant Jadwiga of Poland and Grand Duke Jogaila of Lithuania, and sees the acceptance of Roman Catholicism by the Lithuanian elite, and an end to the Greater Poland Civil War.
- August 31 – King Richard II of England begins an invasion of Scotland. The English burn Holyrood and Edinburgh, but return home without a decisive battle.
- September 18 – Battle of Savra: Serbian forces under Balša II and Ivaniš Mrnjavčević are defeated by Ottoman commander Hayreddin Pasha, near Berat.
- October 15 – Battle of Valverde: The armies of Portugal defeat Castile.
- December – A group of Hungarian nobles helps Charles III of Naples to overthrow Queen Mary, as ruler of Hungary and Croatia.
- Tokhtamysh of the Golden Horde conquers parts of the Jalayirid Empire in western Persia, causing a rift between himself and Timur of the Timurid Empire, who had also wanted to conquer Persia.
- Olav IV of Norway is elected as titular King of Sweden, in opposition to the unpopular King Albert.
- The Hongwu Emperor of China's Ming Dynasty relents after eighteen tribute missions over the previous eight years, and agrees to invest King U of Goryeo.
- Construction of:
- June 23 – Stephen, Count Palatine of Simmern-Zweibrücken (d. 1459)
- August 1 – John FitzAlan, 13th Earl of Arundel, English noble (d. 1421)
- August 15 – Richard de Vere, 11th Earl of Oxford, English noble (d. 1417)
- date unknown
- June 28 – Andronikos IV Palaiologos, co-ruler of the Byzantine Empire
- August 7 – Joan of Kent, Dowager Princess of Wales, widow of Edward, the Black Prince (b. 1328)
- September 18 – Balša II, ruler of Zeta
- October 15 – Dionysius I, Metropolitan of Moscow
- December 19 – Bernabò Visconti, Lord of Milan (b. 1319)
- date unknown