This article relies largely or entirely on a single source. (May 2019)
|Ab urbe condita||1990|
|Balinese saka calendar||1158–1159|
|English Regnal year||21 Hen. 3 – 22 Hen. 3|
|Chinese calendar||丙申年 (Fire Monkey)|
3933 or 3873
— to —
丁酉年 (Fire Rooster)
3934 or 3874
|- Vikram Samvat||1293–1294|
|- Shaka Samvat||1158–1159|
|- Kali Yuga||4337–4338|
|Japanese calendar||Katei 3|
|Minguo calendar||675 before ROC|
|Thai solar calendar||1779–1780|
1363 or 982 or 210
— to —
1364 or 983 or 211
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1237.|
- Thomas II of Savoy becomes count of Flanders.
- Elbing is founded in the State of the Teutonic Order (today Elbląg, Poland).
- After turning aside south for 15 years to invade the Caucasus, Asia Minor and Persia, Batu Khan (with representatives of all four khanates leading 150,000 Mongol, Turkish and Persian troops into Europe) resumes the European invasion, with the resumption of the Mongol invasion of Rus' foreshadowed thereby.
- December 21 – Mongol invasion of Rus': Ryazan is sacked.
- Gualdo Tadino, Italy, is destroyed by fire.
- The County of Artois is founded in France.
- Baldwin II becomes Latin Emperor of Constantinople.
- Conrad IV of Germany becomes King of Germany.
- Livonian Crusade: After their defeat in the Battle of Saule, the Livonian Brothers of the Sword are absorbed into the Teutonic Order, as the autonomous Livonian Order. An Estonian rebellion begins on Saaremaa Island.
- Battle of Cortenuova: Frederick II, Holy Roman Emperor defeats the Lombard League.
- A major fire destroys some 30,000 dwellings in the Chinese capital city of Hangzhou.