|11th Infantry Division|
|Major General Md Khaled Al-Mamun|
In February 1996, President of Bangladesh Abdur Rahman Biswas dismissed the General officer commanding the 11th Infantry Division G.H. Murshed Khan for insubordination and Brigadier General Hameedur Rehman of Bangladesh Rifles. Chief of Staff of Bangladesh Army, Lieutenant General Abu Saleh Mohammed Nasim, revolted against the order leading to the 1996 Bangladeshi coup d'état attempt. Troops from the 11th Infantry Division tried to march to Dhaka but failed due to Savar Cantonment, which remained loyal to the president, blocking Jamuna River crossing.
The 11 Infantry Division organized a cultural program with ATN Bangla in February 2014.
- "First female officer leads contingent". The Daily Star. 29 February 2016. Retrieved 24 November 2022.
- Dahlburg, Jhon-Thor (21 May 1996). "Bangladeshi President Fires Army Chief". Los Angeles Times. Archived from the original on 21 June 2015. Retrieved 12 December 2016.
- "Bangladesh ex-army chief arrested". UPI. Retrieved 12 December 2016.
- Correspondent, A. (27 February 2014). ""Aji E Boshonto Shondha" on ATN Bangla". The Daily Star. Retrieved 24 November 2022.
- "Army gets two new GOCs, new military secy". New Age. Retrieved 24 November 2022.
- "Saiful Alam made DGFI chief as five major generals get new duties in army shake-up". bdnews24.com. Retrieved 24 November 2022.
- "Major General Moshfequr Rahman made BUP VC". New Age. Retrieved 24 November 2022.
- "Bangladesh Army awards regimental colours to 4 units". Dhaka Tribune. 2020-11-09. Retrieved 2022-11-24.