(Redirected from 1052 BC)
This article does not cite any sources. (August 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The 1050s BC is a decade which lasted from 1059 BC to 1050 BC.
|Millennium:||2nd millennium BC|
Events and trendsEdit
- 1057 BC–According to Josephus, Solomon's Temple finishes construction on January 19. This predates secular estimates by more than 120 years and is not considered reliable or accurate.
- 1054 BC–Shamshi-Adad IV, son of Tiglath-Pileser I, usurps the Assyrian throne from his nephew, Eriba-Adad II.
- 1053 BC—Death of Kang, king of the Zhou of ancient China. In September, a five-planetary alignment occurs.
- 1052 BC—Zhao succeeds Kang.
- 1051 BC—Saul becomes the first King of Ancient Israel.
- 1050 BC—Death of Shamshi-Adad IV; his son, Ashurnasirpal I, succeeds him as King of Assyria.
- 1050 BC—Philistines capture the Ark of the Covenant from Israel in battle. (Approximate date)
- c. 1050 BC—Shang Dynasty ends in Ancient China, replaced by the Zhou Dynasty.
- c. 1050 BC—Proto-Geometric period starts in Ancient Greece.