1. FCA Darmstadt
|Full name||1. Fußballclub Arheilgen Darmstadt e.V.|
|Founded||10 September 1954|
|Ground||Sportplatz am Gehmerweg|
|Trainer||Mark & Thorsten Dillmann|
|League||Gruppenliga Darmstadt (VII)|
|2015–16||Verbandsliga Hessen-Süd (VI), 17th (relegated)|
The club's greatest success has been its time spend in the Hessenliga, from 1967 to 1981 and again from 2010 to 2013.
In the Oberliga, FCA became a strong side, finishing in the top six in its first five seasons there, with a third place in 1969 and 1970 as its best results. After this, the club slipped into the lower half of the table before coming third once more in 1978. In 1981 however, the side was relegated and would not return to the Oberliga again for almost 30 years.
The club now played in the tier four Landesliga Hessen-Süd, where a second place in 1986 was its best result, but it was followed by relegation in 1987. The club returned to the Landesliga for one more season in 1988–89 but then made a more permanent exit from the league.
The club now spend a lengthy amount of time in the lower amateur leagues of southern Hesse before a title in the tier seven Gruppenliga Darmstadt in 2009 returned it to the level below the Oberliga, now renamed Verbandsliga. In the following season the club, now renamed 1. FCA Darmstadt, won promotion to Hesses highest league once more courtesy to a second place in the Verbandsliga Hessen-Süd, behind local rival and champions Rot-Weiß Darmstadt, and played for three seasons in the Hessenliga before being relegated in 2013. A last-place finish in the Verbandsliga in 2015–16 relegated the club to the Gruppenliga.
The club's honours:
Recent managers of the club:
|Richard Hasa||1 July 2007||Present|
|2004–05||Bezirksliga Darmstadt-West||VII||1st ↑|
|2005–06||Bezirksoberliga Darmstadt||VI||1st ↑|
|2006–07||Landesliga Hessen-Süd||V||17th ↓|
|2008–09||Gruppenliga Darmstadt||VII||1st ↑|
|2009–10||Verbandsliga Hessen-Süd||VI||2nd ↑|
|2015–16||Verbandsliga Hessen-Süd||17th ↓|
- With the introduction of the Regionalligas in 1994 and the 3. Liga in 2008 as the new third tier, below the 2. Bundesliga, all leagues below dropped one tier. Also in 2008, a large number of football leagues in Hesse were renamed, with the Oberliga Hessen becoming the Hessenliga, the Landesliga becoming the Verbandsliga, the Bezirksoberliga becoming the Gruppenliga and the Bezirksliga becoming the Kreisoberliga.
|↑ Promoted||↓ Relegated|
- "Hessenliga startet am 30. Juli in die neue Runde". Frankfurter Neue Presse (in German). 5 July 2010. Archived from the original on 5 October 2011. Retrieved 5 August 2010.
- Die Geschichte des 1. FCA 04 Darmstadt Archived 4 March 2016 at the Wayback Machine (in German) 1. FCA Darmstadt website, accessed: 3 December 2011
- Süddeutschlands Fussball Geschichte in Tabellenform 1897–1988, Ludolf Hyll, published: 1988
- Das deutsche Fußball-Archiv (in German) Landesliga Hessen-Süd tables, accessed: 3 December 2011
- 1. FCA Darmstadt Trainer von A-Z (in German) weltfussball.de, accessed: 3 December 2011
- Das deutsche Fußball-Archiv (in German) Historical German domestic league tables
- Fussball.de – Ergebnisse (in German) Tables and results of all German football leagues