...(And That's No Lie)
"...(And That's No Lie)" is a song by the British new wave and synth-pop band Heaven 17, released in 1985 as the third single from their third studio album How Men Are. It was written by Glenn Gregory, Ian Craig Marsh and Martyn Ware, and produced by Ware and Greg Walsh. The song peaked at No. 52 in the UK and spent five weeks on the chart. A music video was filmed to promote the single.
|"...(And That's No Lie)"|
|Single by Heaven 17|
|from the album How Men Are|
|Genre||Synthpop, new wave|
|Songwriter(s)||Glenn Gregory, Ian Craig Marsh, Martyn Ware|
|Producer(s)||Martyn Ware, Greg Walsh|
|Heaven 17 singles chronology|
The 12" single was released as a series of five separate records, though the only difference was the design of the sleeve. "The Heaven 17 Megamix" which appeared on the 12" version of the single includes extracts of previous tracks "This Is Mine", "Crushed by the Wheels of Industry", "Height of The Fighting (He La Hu)", "Penthouse and Pavement", "Temptation", "I'm Your Money" and "Play to Win".
Aaron Badgley of AllMusic said in a review of How Men Are: "Highlights are numerous, including the very long but very wonderful "And That's No Lie." A strong melody, stunning vocals from Glenn Gregory, and tight production equal a fascinating glimpse into the human struggle."
Formats and track listingsEdit
|Irish Singles Chart||22|
|UK Singles Chart||52|
- Heaven 17
- Glenn Gregory - lead vocals, backing vocals
- Martyn Ware - LinnDrum programming, backing vocals, producer
- Ian Craig Marsh - synthesizer
- Additional personnel
- Greg Walsh - producer
- Sanny X - remixer of "The Heaven 17 Megamix"
- "Heaven 17 - ... (And That's No Lie) / The Fuse - Virgin - UK - VS 740". 45cat. 2011-11-01. Retrieved 2018-03-19.
- "Heaven 17 - How Men Are at Discogs". Discogs.com. Retrieved 2018-03-19.
- "HEAVEN 17 | full Official Chart History | Official Charts Company". officialcharts.com. Retrieved 2016-11-09.
- "Heaven 17 - ...(And That's No Lie) (Vinyl) at Discogs". Discogs.com. Archived from the original on 2012-11-11. Retrieved 2011-08-12. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Badgley, Aaron. "How Men Are - Heaven 17". AllMusic. Archived from the original on 2012-02-25. Retrieved 2011-08-12. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Jaclyn Ward. "The Irish Charts - All there is to know". Irishcharts.ie. Archived from the original on 2010-02-01. Retrieved 2011-08-12. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)