Šibenik-Knin County (pronounced [ʃîbeniːk-knîːn]; Croatian: Šibensko-kninska županija [ʃîbensko-knîːnskaː ʒupǎnija]) is a county in southern Croatia, located in the north-central part of Dalmatia. The biggest city in the county is Šibenik, which also serves as county seat. Other notable towns in the county are Knin, Vodice, Drniš and Skradin.
Šibenik-Knin Region within Croatia
|• Župan||Goran Pauk (HDZ)|
|• County Assembly|
|• Total||2,984 km2 (1,152 sq mi)|
|• Density||37/km2 (95/sq mi)|
|ISO 3166 code||HR-15|
very high · 11th
Šibenik-Knin county is administratively subdivided into:
- City of Šibenik (county seat)
- City of Knin
- Town of Drniš
- Town of Skradin
- Town of Vodice
- Municipality of Biskupija
- Municipality of Civljane
- Municipality of Ervenik
- Municipality of Kijevo
- Municipality of Kistanje
- Municipality of Murter-Kornati — Murter, the capital of the municipality
- Municipality of Pirovac
- Municipality of Primošten
- Municipality of Promina — Oklaj, the capital of the municipality
- Municipality of Rogoznica
- Municipality of Ružić — Gradac, the capital of the municipality
- Municipality of Tisno
- Municipality of Unešić
- Municipality of Bilice
- Municipality of Tribunj — founded in 2006, separated from Vodice
|Source: Naselja i stanovništvo Republike Hrvatske 1857–2001, Croatian Bureau of Statistics, Zagreb, 2005|
In 1991, before the war, Croats were in majority, with a Serb minority of 34.2%.
- Ostroški, Ljiljana, ed. (December 2015). Statistički ljetopis Republike Hrvatske 2015 [Statistical Yearbook of the Republic of Croatia 2015] (PDF). Statistical Yearbook of the Republic of Croatia (in Croatian and English). 47. Zagreb: Croatian Bureau of Statistics. p. 62. ISSN 1333-3305. Retrieved 27 December 2015.
- "Population by Age and Sex, by Settlements, 2011 Census: County of Šibenik-Knin". Census of Population, Households and Dwellings 2011. Zagreb: Croatian Bureau of Statistics. December 2012.
- "Sub-national HDI - Area Database - Global Data Lab". hdi.globaldatalab.org. Retrieved 2018-09-13.
- "Population by Ethnicity, by Towns/Municipalities, 2011 Census: County of Šibenik-Knin". Census of Population, Households and Dwellings 2011. Zagreb: Croatian Bureau of Statistics. December 2012.
- Creation of a Greater Serbia - Bukovica and Ravni Kotari
- "Županijska skupština - Šibensko-kninska županija". sibensko-kninska-zupanija.hr. Retrieved 6 April 2020.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Šibenik-Knin County.|
- Official website (in Croatian)