Łódź Żabieniec (Polish pronunciation: [ʐabiɛniɛt͡s]) is a railway station in Łódź, Poland, located in Bałuty district. It serves regional passenger traffic from Łódź Kaliska station to Zgierz, Łowicz, Kutno and Toruń.
|Owned by||Polish State Railways|
Initially, in 1910, the site of station served as guard post, securing a single-level crossing between the Warsaw-Kalisz Railway and a tram line between Łódź and Aleksandrów.
The first building at the station was erected in 1951. Five years later a viaduct for Aleksandrowska street and tram tracks were constructed south to the station.
In 1972 the passenger section of the station, consisting of two single-edged platforms and an underground passage between them and the neighbouring streets, was opened south to the viaduct, leaving the already existing part of station for cargo service.
The station's building was repurposed after 2010, due to closure of cash office. It has been adapted to serve as a restaurant.
The underground passage is notorious for being flooded during heavy rains. Refurbishment of the passage and reconstruction of the platforms began in 2019.
The station is a crucial point for cargo transportation, as it serves branch lines to the production plants located in Teofilów, as well as EC-3 power plant.
The station is served by the following services:
- ^ "Łódź Żabieniec" (in Polish). Baza kolejowa.
- ^ Fiszer, Kacper. "Łódź Żabieniec - Modernizacja w latach 2019-2021" (in Polish). Rynek Kolejowy.
- ^ "Łódź Żabieniec" (in Polish). Ogólnopolska Baza Kolejowa.
- ^ Koleo. IC 1532 KOCIEWIE Łódź Fabryczna — Gdynia Główna. Timetable. https://koleo.pl/pociag/IC/1532-KOCIEWIE/
- ^ Koleo. PKP IC 5420 HUTNIK. Gdynia Główna — Bielsko-Biała Główna. https://koleo.pl/pociag/IC/5420-HUTNIK/
- ^ Koleo. PKP TLK 45102 FLISAK Katowice — Gdynia Główna. Timetable. https://koleo.pl/pociag/TLK/45100-DOKER/
- ^ Koleo. PKP TLK 45100 DOKER Katowice — Gdynia Główna. Timetable. https://koleo.pl/pociag/TLK/45102-FLISAK/
Coordinates: 51°47′37″N 19°24′25.6″E / 51.79361°N 19.407111°E