In historical records the village was first mentioned in 1300. Village has long mining traditions, there were several mines in the village where iron ore was extracted. Village has several historical monuments:
- Baroque-classicist bell tower from the 18th century
- Educational trial dedicated to the local mining history. It includes an old mining tunnel and a replica of a medieval mining device, which was built according to the medieval painting Rožňavská metercia.
- Maurer's Villa - secessionist villa that belonged to the polyhistor Arthur Maurer.
The records for genealogical research are available at the state archive "Statny Archiv in Kosice, Slovakia"
- Roman Catholic church records (births/marriages/deaths): 1672-1898 (parish B)
- Lutheran church records (births/marriages/deaths): 1632-1925 (parish B)