The Āmeris House (Persian: خانه عامریها) is a large historic house in Kashan, Iran. It was originally built as a family residence during the reign of the Zand dynasty for Agha Āmeri, the governor of Kashan, and is now restored and transformed into a traditional-style hotel.
Like the other historic houses that are located nearby, the Āmeri House was damaged through earthquakes in the 18th century, and was then rebuilt in the 19th century. It is one of the prominent historic houses of Kashan, together with the Borujerdi House, the Tabātabāei House, and others.
The Āmeri House is a huge property of 9,000 square metres (97,000 sq ft). It contains dozens of rooms, two bathhouses, and seven courtyards with gardens and fountains. The main structure is made of brick. Mud and straw are used in the insulation. The inner spaces are decorated with gypsum and mirror works.
- "Kashan, a Lesson in Authenticity, Architecture". Financial Tribune. 8 February 2015.
- "Ameri House: A Historical House in Iran's Kashan". Tasnim News Agency. 17 November 2017.
- Erdbrink, Thomas (9 January 2013). "Restoring Iran's Heritage of Magnificent Homes in an Age of High Rises". The New York Times.
- "200 Iranian historic houses to undergo restoration by March 2017". Tehran Times. 28 August 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ameri House.|
- "Saraye Ameriha Boutique Hotel". (official website)